Neighbouring Cape Town’s famous Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, 18 on Hillwood, in the sought after and prestigious suburb of Bishopscourt, is an exclusive luxury villa offering respite from the busy Cape Town city centre. Guests here are spoilt with views over the back of Table Mountain and the surrounding tree lined lush avenues. 18 on Hillwood is as exclusive as it gets, surrounded by a sprawling landscaped garden and greenery.
18 on Hillwood, a large five-bedroom en-suite villa situated in the upmarket neighbourhood of Bishopscourt, is an ideal base for those guests that want to experience the natural sights of Cape Town nearby such as Constantia vineyards with its many restaurants, Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens all with mere minutes of the villa.
Enjoy breakfast al fresco on the outdoor deck, overlook the glistening infinity swimming pool and landscaped garden or enjoy a friendly game of tennis on our dedicated courts. Dedicated members of staff are always on hand to assist with any requests, while elegant dining can be arranged for lunch or dinner on request.
• All children are welcome at 18 on Hillwood.
• Children under 3 years old will be accommodated free of charge.
• Children from 4 - 12 years will be charged R595.00 per night (nett rate) if sharing room with their parents on an extra bed.
• Transfers can be arranged with reservations at an additional charge.
Deposit & Payment:
• Full payment is required 30 days prior to arrival in order to avoid automatic release of bookings.
• Voucher numbers will not be accepted as guarantees for bookings.
• 18 on Hillwood reserves the right to release bookings should payment not be received by the requested date.
• Only written cancellations will be accepted. Ensure to receive an acknowledgment of cancellations from reservations.
• 50% of fee if cancellation less than 60 days prior to arrival.
• 100% of fee if cancellation less than 30 days prior to arrival.
• In the event of an early departure the full extent of stay as originally booked and confirmed will be charged.
• Quoted, invoiced and payable in ZAR and based on exclusive use of the villa per night based on a maximum of 10 and are inclusive of 14% VAT.
• Minimum of 7 nights stay over peak periods.
• An extra R595.00 per night will be charged for an extra bed.
• Rates are subject to change without prior notice.
Rates are inclusive of:
• Accommodation, continental breakfast, beverages (soft drinks and local alcoholic beverages), complimentary uncapped wireless access, complimentary daily laundry, private and secure parking and a dedicated houseman who lives onsite.
Rates are exclusive of:
• Private chef, lunch and dinner catering, tours, taxis and private tours, babysitting facilities, spa and salon treatments and services, international telephone calls, gratuities and The Wilderness Foundation Donations.
Check-in and Check-out times:
• Check in time is from 14:00.
• Early check in times, if requested, will be considered, subject to the availability of rooms and may be subject to an additional charge.
• All arrival time should be advised, particularly arrivals after 18:00.
• Check out time is prior to 10:00. All requests for a late departure are subject to availability and may be subject to a late departure fee.
Book our Villa’s very own yacht at a preferential rate starting from R25600 per trip. Trips between minimum 3 hours - 8 hours are available.
18 on Hillwood will not be held liable for any loss or damage to any guest or their belongings whilst on the premises. The client/guests shall be responsible for any loss or damage to the villa, furnishings, utensils or equipment therein, caused by any act or omission by the client/guests of their employee.
“Located in a suburb that has seen the likes of Desmond Tutu and Nelson Mandela taking up residence, ‘18 on Hillwood’ is one of my finest acquisitions with its spectacular mountain views and close proximity to the world famous Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens.
For those who wish to relax within the comfort of this private mansion, the infinity pool and tennis court set in tranquil lush gardens make for ideal holiday activities.
However, I love the convenience of this property. It is the ultimate base from which to explore the many scenic attractions of Cape Town, with easy access to highlights such as Cape Point further to the south or the renowned V&A Waterfront adjacent to the city centre.
Cape Town is such a beautiful city and is surrounded by kilometres of coastline and I’m convinced you’d be amiss to visit and not sail the sea. This leads me to one of the X factors in staying at ‘18 on Hillwood’ – the opportunity to cruise along the Atlantic Seaboard in my private 56 foot yacht called Ocean Princess. This nautical addition to a suburban stay will without doubt, be a highlight of any guest’s stay.
It’s opportunities like this that make the Bishopscourt villa the perfect choice for visitors who wish for a unique, tailor-made experience when visiting one of the world’s best cities”.
Each of the large five bedrooms ranging from 20 m² to 60 m² with full en-suite bathroom and offers the utmost in luxurious living including a king-sized bed dressed in lavish percale bed linen, satellite TV, air conditioning, heated towel rails and an electronic safe.
The bedrooms are split across two levels with two bedrooms situated upstairs, and three bedrooms on the lower levels. Each room is north facing and showcases a spectacular view of Table Mountain.
Facilities at 18 on Hillwood including a choice of two swimming pools, tennis courts, a relaxed outdoor porch with sun loungers, a gas barbecue and elegant dining area, and lounge area with satellite TV.
Children are welcome at 18 on Hillwood as the residence is well suited for multi-generational families.
Villa rates are inclusive of daily housekeeping, dedicated House Manager and daily continental breakfast. Additional services such as butlers, private chefs, child minders on request and at an additional charge.
Two swimming pools
Off-street secure parking
Electronic safe in room
Select satellite TV in lounge
Select satellite TV in rooms
Fireplace in lounge
Cape Town International and Domestic Airport
18 on Hillwood is a 25min drive from the airport. Airport transfers are available on request.
Complimentary continental breakfast daily
Complimentary High-speed Wireless Internet
Daily housekeeping service
In-house laundry and ironing services on request
Linen and Towels
Local phone calls
Security alarm, beams & electric fencing with a direct link to armed responseGas Barbeque
Complimentary daily newspaper
Welcome bottle of wine
Luxury fruit bowl platter on arrival
Tea and coffee making facilities
Slippers and bathroom amenities
Hot water bottles placed in beds at turndown in winter
Dedicated onsite House Manager
Please be aware that South Africa has introduced strict immigration regulations when it comes to travelling with children. Please ensure that you are carrying the correct documentation when travelling as a family.
If you are comfortable with driving on the left side of the road, hiring a car is a great option to get around in Cape Town, with many attractions and wineries nearby to 18 on Hillwood.
18 on Hillwood is a 25min drive from the airport. Airport transfers are available on request.
See & Do
18 on Hillwood is surrounded by a variety of attractions including:
The Constantia Winelands
Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
Baxter Theatre and the Maynardville Open-Air Theatre
Cavendish Square Shopping Centre
Montabello Design Centre
Newlands Cricket and Rugby Stadia
Hout Bay Harbour
Further afield, guests can enjoy visits and tours into the inner city, the Cape Winelands including Stellenbosch and Franschhoek, the V&A Waterfront and the ultimate in luxury travel, traversing the corners of the Cape Town coastline on the Ocean Princess, 18 on Hillwood’s own luxury yacht.
Please enter the message you'd like to send to 18 on Hillwood
|Tariff name||Resource/property type||Min people||Max people||Valid from||Valid til||Minimum days||Maximum days|
|Tariff||Entire Villa||1||100||Thursday, 11 January 2018||Monday, 30 April 2018||R19 615.00 Per night||1||100|
|Tariff||Entire Villa||1||100||Tuesday, 01 May 2018||Sunday, 30 September 2018||R13 255.00 Per night||1||100|
|Tariff||Entire Villa||1||100||Monday, 01 October 2018||Friday, 14 December 2018||R19 615.00 Per night||1||100|
|Tariff||Entire Villa||1||100||Saturday, 15 December 2018||Tuesday, 15 January 2019||R27 085.00 Per night||1||100|
|Tariff||Standard Room||1||100||Thursday, 11 January 2018||Monday, 30 April 2018||R4 670.00 Per night||1||100|
|Tariff||Standard Room||1||100||Tuesday, 01 May 2018||Sunday, 30 September 2018||R3 390.00 Per night||1||100|
|Tariff||Standard Room||1||100||Monday, 01 October 2018||Friday, 14 December 2018||R4 670.00 Per night||1||100|
|Tariff||Standard Room||1||100||Saturday, 15 December 2018||Tuesday, 15 January 2019||R5 585.00 Per night||1||100|
|Tariff||Deluxe Room||1||100||Thursday, 11 January 2018||Monday, 30 April 2018||R6 265.00 Per night||1||100|
|Tariff||Deluxe Room||1||100||Tuesday, 01 May 2018||Sunday, 30 September 2018||R4 550.00 Per night||1||100|
|Tariff||Deluxe Room||1||100||Monday, 01 October 2018||Friday, 14 December 2018||R6 265.00 Per night||1||100|
|Tariff||Deluxe Room||1||100||Saturday, 15 December 2018||Thursday, 10 January 2019||R7 495.00 Per night||1||100|
|Wednesday, 17 January 2018||21||21||Clear|
|Thursday, 18 January 2018||22||19||Rain|
|Friday, 19 January 2018||21||18||Rain|
|Saturday, 20 January 2018||22||19||Rain|
|Sunday, 21 January 2018||21||19||Rain|
|Monday, 22 January 2018||19||17||Rain|
|Tuesday, 23 January 2018||20||18||Clear|