<p>Chisomo Safari Camp overlooks the Makhutsi River, tucked deep in the</p>
Big Five Karongwe Game Reserve in Limpopo, South Africa, offering an Unrivalled African Safari experience where the warm atmosphere, friendly staff and fine cuisine compliment the excellent Big 5 game viewing.
Guests enjoy early morning and late afternoon safaris in open 4×4 safari vehicles conducted by experienced guides and trackers. The friendly staff at Chisomo ensure that guests are given Personal attention and service at all times. During the day, guests may relax at the pool or retire to one of the beautifully decorated lounges.
The Management and Staff of Chisomo Safari Camp are dedicated to excellence, striving to ensure that each guest leaves with wonderful memories of an unforgettable Safari and the realization that our natural environment and our heritage must be conserved for future generations to come. We endeavor to create the awareness of our responsibility towards the protection and restoration of our rapidly diminishing natural wild lands.,
Situated under the shade of towering knob thorns and Jackelberry trees, Chisomo Safari Camp features 22 luxuriously decorated tented suites draped in white linen.Overlooking the magnificent view of the Makhutsi River, guests often have the opportunity to view the Big 5 from their own decks.Chisomo Safari Camp offers ambrosial Pan African meals in the most spectacular surroundings, under the stars or in the elegant candlelit dining area.Activities & Facilities
Activities & Facilities
Traversing over the 9000 hectares of supreme African bushveld, Chisomo is home to the Big Five (Lion, Leopard, Buffalo, Rhino and Elephant) as well as a wealth of other creatures. Our open vehicle game drives are perfect for game viewing. Enjoy a sundowner while the sun ets over the magnificent Drakensberg Mountains.
The magnificent game viewing makes for perfect photographic opportunities; enjoy the view of the Lowveld from a “kopje” amid the lush vegetation, huge variety of trees and over 365 different bird species. Game drives are conducted with our qualified game rangers and Shangaan trackers – who will share their vast experience of the African Bush and a chance to view Cheetah on foot.
• No reservation is secure without a deposit.
• A deposit equivalent to 25% of the total accommodation is required within 7 days of confirmation for individuals and within 14 days of confirmation 10% is required for a group to secure a reservation. For reservations less than 30 days prior to arrival for individuals and groups, full pre-payment is required.
• The balance of the accommodation account is to be settled 30 days prior to arrival or, if the period is less,full prepayment will apply
• For groups we require a 10% deposit and final commitment to confirm the reservation 90 days prior to arrival.
Rate Includes 2019 • All meals, teas, coffees and snacks. • Accommodation. • Dawn and dusk safaris in open Land Rovers. • Drinks on dusk safaris are limited to one per person with a choice of local beer, wine or soft drink. • All local house wines and beers are now included at Becks Safari Lodge only. • Wifi at all lodges. • Tourism levy/Reserve entrance fee and Rhino Levy’s are all included in the per person per night cost, • Any transfers from Southern boom gate are included.
Rate Excludes 2019 • Airport and road transfers, including chartered flights landing at Hoedspruit Civil Air Base. • Mini Bar, curio, telephone, spa and laundry expenses. • Premium and imported brands.
General 2019 • Single supplement of 40%. • Children are welcome at Karongwe Portfolio • Children between 0 and 2 years old are accommodated on a complimentary basis. • Children from the ages of 3 years to 11 years old are accommodated at 50% of the adult tariff, sharing a family room with adults. • Children 12 years and older are considered adults and pay the applicable tariff. • Driver/Guide rates apply which do not include game drives R1160 pppn. • FOC policy – 16 guests or more 1 driver or guide free of charge. • Children under 6 yrs are not permitted on any Game activity unless approved by the Lodge Management onsite. No prior approval shall be given. (Children are required to be accompanied by an adult on Game activity) Please note children that are under aged will not be allowed on a game drive – securing a private vehicle will also not allow this policy. • Bushwalks are an optional extra, and only arranged at the Lodge, subject to conditions. This activity is also available for limited duration and is subject to approval on the ground, it is also subject to game movement and Karongwe Lodges reserves the right not to offer based on the safety of our guests. There is an additional cost for this activity and may not be exchanged for a normal game activity.
<p>Rates are quoted<strong> per room per night sharing</strong></p>
Rate Includes 2018
• All meals, teas, coffees and snacks.
• Dawn and dusk safaris in open Land Rovers.
• Drinks on dusk safaris are limited to one per person with a choice of local beer, wine or soft drink.
Rate Excludes 2018
• Airport and road transfers, chartered flights landing at Hoedspruit Civil Air Base.
• Mini Bar, curio, telephone, WIFI, spa and laundry expenses.
• TOMSA levy of R16 pppn applicable to all lodges on the Reserve.
• Karongwe Game Reserve gate entrance fee of R115
• Premium and imported brands on dusk safaris.
• Rhino levy of R45 per person per night and must be settled direct on departure,
• Single supplement of 40%.
• Children are welcome at Karongwe Portfolio
• Children between 0 and 2 years old are accommodated on a complimentary basis.
• Children from the ages of 3 years to 11 years old are accommodated at 50% of the adult tariff, sharing a family room with adults.
• All children will be charged the above Reserve Entrance Fee and TOMSA Levy.
• Children 12 years and older are considered adults and pay the applicable tariff.
• Driver/Guide rates apply which do not include game drives (2018) R920 pppn.
• Policy – 16 guests or more 1 driver or guide free of charge.
• Children under 6 yrs are not permitted on any Game activity unless approved by the Lodge Management onsite. No prior approval shall be given. (Children are required to be accompanied by an adult on Game activity) Please note children that are under aged will not be allowed on a game drive – securing a private vehicle will also not allow this policy.
• Bushwalks are an optional extra available on our standard package, and only arranged at the Lodge, subject to conditions. This activity is also available for limited duration and is subject to approval on the ground, it is also subject to game movement and Karongwe Lodges reserves the right not to offer based on the safety of our guests. There is an additional cost for this activity and may not be exchanged for a normal game activity.
<p><strong>Treatment Pricing </strong></p>
African Awakening Massage +/-90 min
Drawing inspiration from the Marula tree and the African traditional healing beliefs, an ultra relaxing indulgent full body
massage was created. The skilful combination of contracting and oxygenating enhancing breathing techniques will
awaken your senses and revive your body and mind. Enjoy the freedom of choosing your favourite scent from our
selection of Marula-herb infused Fusion body oils to address your every need.
African Vigour Back Massage 45 min
A warm aroma blend infused with circulatory-boosting essential oils is coupled with a deep tissue massage relieving
deep seated tension all the way to the core of the muscle. A refreshing gel is applied, leaving your body feeling
refreshed and invigorated.
Hand Ritual/Treatment 30 min
Ideal for the “always working hands”. Experience the healing touch as your hands and forearms are gently exfoliated
with re-mineralising Atlantic sea salts, following by an ultra relaxing massage that addresses every exhausted muscle
in your hands and arms with its soothing qualities. The healing properties of an Aloe Ferox gel mask soothes and
hydrates the hands whilst the application of a Baobab infused lotion will leave the hands soft to the touch.
Foot Ritual/Treatment 45 min
This “soulful” journey will take your feet through a Geranium and Pine sugar exfoliation whilst soaking in a herbal salt
foot bath. Allowing your feet and legs to relax completely, a muscle soothing foot and leg massage with wooden
implements will commence followed by a cool, revitalising mask. Nourishing Baobab infused lotion will be applied to
prepare your feet for their journey ahead.
Directions to Karongwe game reserve
Take the N4 motorway towards Mbombela (Nelspruit), passing eMalahleni (Witbank) and Middleburg Turn left into eMakhazeni (Belfast)
Once in eMakhazeni, follow the signs and turn right towards Dullstroom, passing through Mashishing (Lydenburg)
Continue on the R36 to Ohrigstad and the JG Strydom Tunnel Approximatly 10km after the tunnel, turn left onto the R36
The Karongwe Game Reserve is situated on your right, with the lodges located as follows,
Kuname – 22km
Shiduli – 24km
River Lodge and Chisomo – 27km
Head south on Argyle Road (650m), then turn left toward R527 (100m) Tuen right toward R527 (140m), turn right onto R527 (31,1km) and then turn right onto R36 (23,1km)
Romance is the key to any successful wedding and Chisomo Safari Camp provides this in abundance. The ceremony can be held at “Fig Tree” beneath beautiful shady, indigenous trees bordering the Makhutsi River. This venue grants you and your guests to a real bush wedding-experience!
“Fig Tree” is approximately half an hour’s drive into the bush and guests will be transported there by our own safari vehicle.
Conference facilities are offered at our sister property, Shiduli Private Game Lodge, approximately 15 minutes from Kuname. The Conference Centre is the perfect venue for leaving the constraints of the office behind.
Catering for up to 40 delegates, this facility provides notepads, internet facilities, sweets, water and cordials. Brain storming, strategic sessions and team building against the backdrop of the bush makes this a perfect choice for creative thinking. Packages can be tailor-made to complement your specific requirements and can include several activities such as bushwalks, animal tracking and various other activities are on offer.
Road Access to the Karongwe Lodges 2018-2019
Hoedspruit Airport to Karongwe Lodges (6-13 pax R360) - 66km - 1Pax : R670 - 2Pax R670 - 3Pax R670 - 4Pax R495 - 5Pax R550
KMIA / MQP Airport to Karongwe Lodges (6-13 pax R610) - 189KM - 1Pax : R2470 2Pax R1240 - 3Pax R830- 4Pax R815 - 5Pax R715
Phalaborwa Airport to Karongwe Lodges (6-13 pax R320) - 102KM - 1Pax : R2100 - 2Pax R1000 - 3Pax R710- 4Pax 560 - 5Pax R470
OR Tambo to Karongwe Lodges (9-13 pax R635) - 440íkm - 1Pax : R7080- 2Pax R3540- 3Pax R2365 - 4Pax R1880- 5Pax R1520
Above transfer rates are charged per person per way and are subject to change due to fuel price fluctuations.
Please enter the message you'd like to send to Chisomo Safari Camp
|Tariff name||Resource/property type||Min people||Max people||Valid from||Valid til||Minimum days||Maximum days|
|Friday, 24 September 2021||31||14||Clear|
|Saturday, 25 September 2021||32||16||Clear|
|Sunday, 26 September 2021||34||18||Clear|
|Monday, 27 September 2021||32||18||Clear|
|Tuesday, 28 September 2021||33||20||Clear|
|Wednesday, 29 September 2021||33||18||Clear|
|Thursday, 30 September 2021||25||18||Rain|